JA of East Texas offers scholarships to area seniors who have participated in a JA program during high school. These scholarships are awarded each spring to deserving and hard working students.
Basis for Determining Scholarship Winners
All applicants are required to submit a copy of their most current high school transcript, with current class ranking.
Winners of scholarships are selected on the basis of scholastic ability, participation in JA programs, as well as other organizational or extracurricular activities. Students are evaluated on achievement, leadership, college and career potential. Financial need may be considered but is not a prerequisite for consideration.
Selection of Scholarship Winners
The Scholarship Committee is made up of individuals who are leading educators, business professionals, and members of the board of Directors of Junior Achievement of East Texas. This committee makes the final selection of scholarship winners based on the factors mentioned above. The decision of this committee is final. Scholarship amounts, to be determined, will be paid directly to the college or university of choice once the student has been accepted and Junior Achievement is directed to make the payment.
To be considered for a scholarship under current selection procedures, a candidate should:
- Have completed, or will complete by spring graduation, a Junior Achievement High School program.
- Be a high school senior who will be graduating at the conclusion of the current school year.
- Be qualified, upon graduation, to enroll at an accredited two or four-year college or university.
- Ensure that an application, accompanied by an attached transcript (with current class ranking), be RECEIVED at Junior Achievement, 911 NW Loop 281, #211-16, Longview, TX 75604 by April 18, 2016
- Attachments beyond the cover letter, two-page application and transcript will not be accepted.
Information and Application